Goals and objectives
The National Codification Centre for Defence Export Products performs its activities in the following directions:
- codification of defence export products;
- rendering consulting, information, agent and other services related to codification of defence export products to the Russian defence design and manufacturing organizations as well as to foreign entities participating in the military-technical cooperation .
The main objectives of the National Codification Centre for Defence Export Products are as follows:
- create Master Catalogue of items of supply for defence export products;
- to ensure execution of contractual obligations with respect to codification of defence export products;
- to develop regulatory and normative basis of the Federal System for cataloguing of products in the part which relates to the military-technical cooperation with foreign countries.
The National Codification Centre for Defence Export Products performs the following main functions:
1. Creates and maintains an automated Master Catalogue of items of supply for defence export products as a part of the Federal Catalogue of products for federal state needs.
2. Organizes and conducts works on codification of defence export (import) products and develops electronic catalogues of items of supply.
3. Ensures upgrading of codification data for the items of supply previously codified within the Federal Catalogue of products for federal state needs to comply with the requirements of international standards on codification.
4. Participates in negotiations with foreign Customers on the issues of codification at the time of preparing and discussing tender and contract documents for the supply of defence items.
5. Develops and delivers to defence design and manufacturing organizations analytical surveys of typical tender and contractual requirements of foreign Customers related to codification of defence products, as well as methodical documents for the organization and execution of works in the given field. It renders consulting service to design and manufacturing organizations of exported military materiel with respect to the cataloguing issues.
6. Develops and publishes advertisement and informational materials on codification of defence export products for the Russian and foreign organizations.
7. Organizes cooperation with the national codification bureaux of foreign customers’ countries.
8. Creates and maintains an electronic database of standards and regulatory documents of NATO, ISO and other international organizations and corporations related to the issues of codification and integrated logistic support of defence equipment (electronic copies and translations into the Russian language).
9. Develops proposals on the improvement of regulatory and technical documents of the Federal System for cataloguing of products as well as proposals on adjusting Russian legislative documents to the needs of codification and integrated logistic support of defence equipment including harmonization of this documents with international standards used for codification of defence export (import) products.
10. Conducts analysis and generalization of the latest Russian and foreign experience in the area of codification and cataloguing of defence equipment, develops plans of organizational and technical measures associated with the use of scientific and technical achievements in codification of defence equipment, organizes and participates in international, national and branch-specific scientific and technical conferences and seminars dedicated to the issues of codification and integrated logistic support of defence equipment.